Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) are a great opportunity for all scientists within the COST Action to exchange visits, nurture collaborations, or develop new ones. The COST association defines the STSM as exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country.
A list of countries and institutions participating in PHAROS be found here (http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actio
* Participants from a participating COST Countries can be hosted at:
- another participating COST Country,
- an approved Near Neighbour Country institution,
- an approved International Partner Country institution
- an approved Specific organization
* Participants from an approved Near Neighbour Country or International Partner Country institutions, or an approved Specific organization can only be hosted at:
- another participating COST Country.
STSMs are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants’ institutions or laboratories. The coordinator of the STSMs is Dr. Isaac Vidana .
The details of the application procedure can be found in the ‘How to apply‘ section.