PHAROS Open Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
The COST Action CA16214 "PHAROS: The multi-messenger physics and astrophysics of neutron stars" is opening a call for applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) for the period of 01/10/2020 - 30/04/2021.
Short Term Scientific Mission grants might support:
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from any PHAROS full member country to any other PHAROS full member country, as well as to Near Neighbour and International affiliated institutions.
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from Near Neighbour affiliated to PHAROS.
- Duration lengths from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 90 days. Early Career Investigators (ECI; PhD less than 8 years ago) might apply for a maximum of 180 days.
- Support can be given for up to 160 euros per day, and a maximum of 2500 euros (ECI up to 3500).
- Detailed info on the PHAROS scientific topics can be found at http://www.cost.eu/COST_Action
- Detailed financial rules can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/VADEMECUM
- A list of countries and institutions currently participating in PHAROS can be found here: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Action
- Current PHAROS activities can be found on the Action webpage:
How to apply:
1) register to e-cost (if you do not have an account yet): https://e-services.cost.eu/use
2) fill in the following link: https://e-services.cost.eu/sts
3) after completion please send a notification email to email@example.com with the submitted documents.
We will collect applications until August 15th, 2020, and let you know within a few weeks if we can accept your request for funding. Priority will be given to students and early career researchers. Young researchers from ITC countries (http://www.cost.eu/about_cost
More info can be found in our Website: http://www-pharos.ice.csic.es/