HOW TO APPLY
Short Term Scientific Mission grants might support (see the COST Vademecum pag. 34 for more details):
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from any PHAROS full member country to any other PHAROS full member country, as well as to Near Neighbour and International affiliated institutions.
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from Near Neighbour affiliated institutions to PHAROS full member countries.
- Duration lengths from a minimum of 5 days.
- Support can be given for up to 160 euros per day, and a maximum of 3500 (with maximum travel cost of 300 euros)
- Detailed info on the PHAROS scientific topics can be found in the MoU: http://www.cost.eu/COST_
- Detailed financial rules can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/VADEMECUM
- A list of countries and institutions currently participating in PHAROS can be found here: https://www.cost.eu/
How to apply:
To apply you need to:
1) register to e-cost (if you do not have an account yet): https://e-services.cost.eu/
2) fill in the following link: https://e-services.cost.
3) after completion please send a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the submitted documents.After the STSM
The grantee is required to submit a short scientific report to the host institution (for information) and to email@example.com fo
– purpuse of the STSM,
– description of the work carried out during the STSM,
– description of the main results obtained,
– future collaboration with the host institution (if applicable),
– forseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable),
– other comments (if any).
Failure to submit the report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant. The Action Chair, Vice-chair or the STSM coordinator are responsible for approving the scientific report and inform the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished. After the receipt of the approval by email, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
- Advance payments might be asked by researchers coming from ITC countries (link to ITC this: http://www.cost.eu/about
- Terms and conditions for the reimbursements can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/VADEMEC
Current deadlines for applications:
STSM Grant Period 1: December 15th, 2017 (for missions between January 2nd - April 30th, 2018)
STSM Grant Period 2A: March 25th, 2018 (for missions between May 1st - September 30th, 2018)
STSM Grant Period 2B: July 23th, 2018 (for missions between October 1st, 2018 - April 30th, 2019)
STSM Grant Period 3A: March 25th, 2019 (for missions between May 1st - September 30th, 2019)
STSM Grant Period 3B: July 30th, 2019 (for missions between October 1st, 2018 - April 30th, 2020)