The management of PHAROS, in accordance with the COST rules, will be based on the election of an Action Chair (AC) and Vice-Chair (AVC), and of a Management Committee (MC) that will oversee all the activities of the Action. To facilitate the flexibility of the decision making tree, a Core Group was elected in the first Action meeting, that encompass the Action Chair and Vice-Chair, the Working Group Leaders, and other key roles in the Action planning. In particular:
* Working Group Leaders are expected to be responsible of all the scientific activities within their Working Group. Five Working Groups are expected in PHAROS. Each WG Leader will also elect two Task Leaders (not part of the Core Group, but members of the Managment Committe at large) to complement the three different general expertise (astrophysics, gravitational and nuclear physics) in the same working group. Task Leaders and WG Leaders are responsible for the advance of their own Objectives and Deliverables within the Working Group, and are expected to report minutes on their scientific activity every 6 months to the Core Group as a whole to have a broader feedback and interaction where needed.
* Equal Opportunity Agent (EOA) is responsible to oversee all the activities of the Action, intervening if needed to establish a balanced program in terms of equal opportunity for minorities of any kind. The EOA is also responsible to ensure a ~50% gender balance within each WG. The EOA will organize child-friendly activities during PhD schools, meetings and conferences.
* Website Agent (WA) is responsible for all what concerns the Action website, for uploading contents after a general MC agreement, and for keeping all the Action activities updated in the web-portal.
* Outreach Coordinator (OC) is in charge of coordinating the outreach activities of the Action by preparing Outreach videos, organizing outreach seminars during the Action annual conferences, possibly preparing material such as constructible satellites, or small pulsars that can be assembled by kids of elementary schools.
* Social Network Agent (SNA) is responsible for posting short weekly updates on the Action activities/opening-calls/outreach activities/WG advances, etc on a dedicated Blog/Twitter/Facebook account to ensure the largest spread of the Action results, especially among European students and young researchers. She/He will also be responsible for the 6- months e-Newsletter and a virtual-discussion portals to enlarge the reach of PHAROS.
The Core Group counts a total of 11 MC members, and it is meant to facilitate the Management Committee in the final decision making of the Action.
All members of the Management Committee are listed in PHAROS COST Webpage: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA16214?management
PHAROS: Core Group and Task Leaders