PHAROS Open Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
The COST Action CA16214 "PHAROS: The multi-messenger physics and astrophysics of neutron stars" is opening a call for applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) for the period of 01/05/2020 - 30/09/2020.
Short Term Scientific Mission grants might support:
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from any PHAROS full member country to any other PHAROS full member country, as well as to Near Neighbour and International affiliated institutions.
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from Near Neighbour affiliated to PHAROS.
- Duration lengths from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 90 days. Early Career Investigators (ECI; PhD less than 8 years ago) might apply for a maximum of 180 days.
- Support can be given for up to 160 euros per day, and a maximum of 2500 euros (ECI up to 3500).
- Detailed info on the PHAROS scientific topics can be found at http://www.cost.eu/COST_
- Detailed financial rules can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/VADEMECUM
- A list of countries and institutions currently participating in PHAROS can be found here: http://www.cost.eu/COST_
- Current PHAROS activities can be found on the Action webpage:
How to apply:
To apply, please send a notification email to email@example.com with the following documents (in pdf format):
1- The STSM work plan (maximum 2000 characters) with a description of the scientific aim and motivation, techniques, planning, etc., for your visit.
2- A written agreement from the Host Institution that the STSM applicant can perform the activities detailed in the STSM work plan on the agreed dates. Please mention matching funds if applicable.
3- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
We will collect applications until March 5th, 2020, and let you know within a couple of weeks if we can accept your request for funding. Priority will be given to students and early career researchers. Young researchers from ITC countries (http://www.cost.eu/about_
For more info send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .