PHAROS Open Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
The COST Action CA16214 "PHAROS: The multi-messenger physics and astrophysics of neutron stars" is opening a call for applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) for the period of 01/05/2019 - 30/09/2019.
Short Term Scientific Mission grants might support:
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from any PHAROS full member country to any other PHAROS full member country, as well as to Near Neighbour and International affiliated institutions.
- Visits of scientists (students and staff) from Near Neighbour affiliated institutions to PHAROS full member countries.
- Duration lengths from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 90 days. Early Career Investigators (ECI = PhD less than 8 years ago) might apply for a maximum of 180 days.
- Support can be given for up to 160 euros per day, and a maximum of 2500 euros (ECI up to 3500).
- Detailed info on the PHAROS scientific topics can be found in the MoU: http://www.cost.eu/COST_
- Detailed financial rules can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/
- A list of countries and institutions currently participating in PHAROS can be found here: http://www.cost.eu/COST_
How to apply:
Since this is the first STSM call relative to our Grant Period number 3, for technical reasons within COST, the eCOST system is not yet ready to accept applications directly on-line.
To apply for Short Term Scientific Missions for the period between May 1st and September 30th, 2019, please send a notification email to email@example.com wit
1. The STSM title and work plan (maximum 2000 words) with a description of the scientific aim and motivation, techniques, planning, etc., for your visit.
2. A written agreement from the Host Institution that the STSM applicant can perform the activities detailed in the STSM work plan on the agreed dates. Please mention matching funds if applicable.
3. A detailed Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
4. For PhD students a written agreement of their supervisors.
We will collect applications until March 25th, 2019, and let you know within a couple of weeks if we can accept your request for funding. Priority will be given to students and early career researchers. Young researchers from ITC countries (http://www.cost.eu/about_
Accepted application will then asked later on to fill in the online form once available.